LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thresholded image analysis

I am trying to do an analysis on a thresholded image. Can I do method similar to the ColorLearn operation on a thresholded image to analyze the given ROI area colors?

Thanks for the replies.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,052 Views)

when you use  threshold indeed you make a binary image so you can not use color processing methods
but you can use a trick to convert a such image as a color image for using color processing algorithm 

see bellow vi to know the trick

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,029 Views)

sorry it seem a problem happen in my attached files the consumer vi relate for other post and the answer is second vi 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,013 Views)

Thanks for your help.

Maybe i was not clear, sorry about that.

I want a greyscaled image to be converted to e.g. RGB image that can be handled as a colored image with the ColorLearn function. (And later with the ColorLearn function i'd analyze a ROI's color)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,988 Views)

indeed color image consist of three greyscaled image each of the image are for three main color (RGB) so if you have greyscaled image it is impossible to find real color because this kind of format just save intensity value of phenomena inside image

for example think how you can convert rdg color image to greyscaled one?  you just get avrage of there plate value so if you could know from the average digit what is the three digit that make such average then you could convert greyscaled image to color image and it is impossible

supposed r=0 and b=0 and g =255 this is full green color and the average digit for greyscale image is 255/3

then what about r=255 and b=0 and g=0 this is full red color but the greyscale value is same 255/3 with green one 

I hope now you understand why you could not convert greyscale image to color image 

greyscale image is 8bit data  color image is 32 bit 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,969 Views)