LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Sound Card/Audio Interface in OS X?

Rob,

I found out that R&D is already aware of this issue. There is an issue with certain usb audio devices not being enumerated by LabVIEW correctly and it seems to have come up with the new sound API released for the Mac last year but they don't know the real cause yet. They are investigating the issue and have an R&D escalation attached to it (CAR#205484) but for the moment there is no workaround. I have added this forum post to the contact information on that R&D escalation but there isn't much else we can do at the moment until they have time to look into the issue, find the cause, and issue a solution. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(1,672 Views)

Grant,

Thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated. As a new user of LabVIEW I at least feel rest assured it's not something I'm doing. I'm currently in a measurements class which scrapes the surface of LabVIEW's capabilities, it is a pleasure to find that not only is the software full of potential but the customer service is also fantastic. I have become quite interested in Acoustics so I'm sure I'll keep an eye out for some information pertaining to what R&D may find.

Again thank you for all your help, and timely replies over the past week.

-Rob

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(1,657 Views)

Rob,

No problem. I hate that you're having issues. I know it's not exactly what you are looking for but we're not having issues with Linux or Windows machines with populating that device list. If you are just wanting to see if your application would work, you could download a 30-day trial version of LabVIEW from our website (http://www.ni.com/trylabview/) onto a Windows machine and then make sure that your Audiobox drive is installed and work from there. Like I said, I know it's not exactly what you wanted but at least you could give your audio code a shot to see if it works. R&D will hopefully post some updates as they look into the issue if we find a workaround (and I'll be hounding them on the issue as well). Good luck with your measurements class and try to stay warm during these cold times!!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(1,650 Views)

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with an external audio interface and I am wondering if this issue was ever resolved for populating the available sound card list correctly for OS X LabVIEW. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sal

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(1,211 Views)

Hi Sal,

It looks like R&D is still looking into the issue related to third party USB audio devices in Mac (CAR# 205484). It appears that Firebox devices, the C-Media USB headphone set, EDIROL devices, Presonus Audiobox devices, and Griffin iMics are among the devices that exhibit this behavior. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(1,188 Views)

Thank you David for your response,

I am using the APOGEE One, it is being detected in system preferences as well as by other audio software (using Garageband), but Labview is not populating it in Configure Aquired Sound of the Aquire Sound vi. I also tried using my MAudio Fast track USB with the same error. My question is if you have a list of the "working" audio interfaces that I may look into obtaining since this is essential to my project.

Thank you,

Sal

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,183 Views)

Unfortunately, a list of that sort does not exist at this time. My recommendation would be that you make a new post regarding audio interfaces for OS X with LabVIEW - with the number of users that frequent this forum, I'm sure someone will be able to chime in on interfaces that have worked for them in the past. I hope this helps.

Humphrey H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,167 Views)

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an Edirol UA-25, but I am not getting.

Does anyone know if there is progress on this problem using certain audio captures in OSX?

LabVIEW 2012 - evaluation version

Mac OSX 10.6.8

Edirol UA-25

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,121 Views)

Sorry, R&D still hasn't released anything

TimC
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,100 Views)

hey all,

i just ran in pretty much the same problem with a third party usb sound card...

System Mac OS 10.8 - Sound Device: Native Instruments Sound Card.

Do you think there is some explanation to why it cant be accessed from labView now?

It works perfectly fine otherwise and i can also interact with the internal mac sound card in labview...

Does maybe someone know about a dynamich library (.dylib/.framework) that could handle the problems and could be called from Labview?

pretty much stuck if there is no way...

David

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,050 Views)