From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermocouple Measurement with PXI2527 switch & PXI4071 DMM

I have tried to get 6 thermocouple reading using Niswitch Thermocouple measurement.vi (hardwares are PXI2527 &PXI4071). When I run the program with scan list Ch0:5->com0; the program is working but the relays are frequently switching On &Off. I am wondering it would reduce the lifetime of relays.How can I get the data with holding up the relays? I am currently using labview 8.5.Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,369 Views)

According to the specifications the mechanical lifetime of the relay is 1E8 cycles but the electrical life at low current is 2.5E6 cycles. That is about one month at 1 cycle per second.

There is also a calculation of the errors you can expect when using thermocouples.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,347 Views)
Hi, how can I manage to hold the switches in ON position for a specific time?can DMM take data for all channels at a time?
Message 3 of 4
(2,341 Views)

Hi Riyad12,

The DMM only has one channel, so only one measurement can be taken at a time.

You can set the Scan Delay property to add a pause between execution of scan list entries.  As you put it, this will hold the relays in the connected state for a specified period of time.
ScanDelay.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,324 Views)