LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal image processing

Now you have a 2D array with all your pixel values. Use array index function to access each pixel value using the 2 indices of your image. You can build a VI for example that would plot in 2 waveform graphes the pixel values of one row and one column of your image corresponding to a cursor that you would manually move on the intensity graph.

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,020 Views)

@MarcDub wrote:

Now you have a 2D array with all your pixel values. Use array index function to access each pixel value using the 2 indices of your image. You can build a VI for example that would plot in 2 waveform graphes the pixel values of one row and one column of your image corresponding to a cursor that you would manually move on the intensity graph.

I believe code similar to what I posted in this thread would allow grabbing the point under the mouse that could be scaled and displayed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,010 Views)

Here is an advanced version of what I mentioned above. It is pretty old code that I just cleaned-up a little bit but you should be able to use it, either by loading a comma-separated file of your own data or by copying the code into your own code.

The default data is a multimode CO2 laser beam. The cursors can be moved to plot on the waveform graph the laser beam profile between the two cursors.

IntensityLineProfile.png

Intensity graph - Line profile_BD.png

Marc Dubois
Message 13 of 17
(994 Views)

Thanks, Marc Dubois

I need to find out the width of the region with high temperature that is my region of interest (ROI).

If I find out first and the last index of pixel with high temperature than i will get my result.

The picture is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(973 Views)

Thanks Ben

Actually, all process is carried out in a closed room because of high power laser. I cannot see the process during laser cladding because my system is inside that room. I have to store all the results.

So, I do not need a program which shows me value under the mouse.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(969 Views)
Why not use Particle measurements after you threshold the image?
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372916P-01/nivisionconcepts/particle_measurements/
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(958 Views)

Thanks, everyone.

I have found an easy solution to measure the width of my region of intrust.

I am Just using ''Count and Measure Objects'' VI available in  ''NI Vision Development Module''

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(932 Views)