From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The specified index is not valid for the given resource

I am trying to follow the tutorial on how to get Labview working with Solidworks and the demo CNC robot that the example comes with. After I deploy all the axes and my computer and the assembly file I try and switch the scan engine to active mode but it won't let me. It pops up with an error;

"An error occured while attempting to switch the I/O scan mode. The specified index is not valid for the given resource".

I'm just trying to do a basic straight line move with one axis. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I updated softmotion with Sp1 already and did all the recommended updates.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,075 Views)

This may be happening because the drive is not enabled. Review #2 on the troubleshooting guide found here.

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,049 Views)

that doesn't work because I have to actually have it in active mode to even get it enabled. Either way I'm still getting the error. Anybody else know how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,022 Views)

another error I'm getting is when I try to switch to active mode is "The size of the buffer or array is incorrect."

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,016 Views)

What are the names of your axes? Have you changed the names at all since beginning?

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,991 Views)

I didn't rename them at all. Just kept them at the original names when I created them.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,974 Views)

I talked to some of our developers to get some more ideas for this error. Try the following:

Go to the file path C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\DeploymentFramework (it is a hidden file so you may need to change your settings to see it)

Delete the contents of that folder.

Restart LabVIEW

Redeploy your axes and see if it works.

If it does not, repeat the process but create a new project after LabVIEW restarts.

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,955 Views)

That worked wonderfully! Thanks Cameron. But my problem is still not over because now when I right click the solidworks file after deploying everything and having the computer in active mode it does not come up with an option to select "Start Simulation". I tried synchronizing to assembly and that doesn't do anything.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,940 Views)

Did you make sure to follow the note at the end of #4: "To ensure that your simulation deploys properly always deploy the NI SoftMotion axes and not only the My Computer item."?

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,900 Views)