LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The software Icon is still on taskbar , after I close the software in 64-bit Windows 7.

are you still drawing Ray?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,890 Views)

got pulled away for a minute.. or 10...

ok... After the interruption 😉  I forgot if you wanted to stop the application AND close the front panel, so I put it in (at no extra cost).

See snippet below that you can put directly into your code.  Grab the file and drop it on the block diagram.

EDIT:  I live Jeff's solution as it does both..

I lost track of what it was that I was originally doing.. LOL!!  Time to go home soon.  Need a bit of wine..

well judging from my posts, maybe lots of wine..  That way I'll be able to whine..  😉

I even forgot to put the image..

I realy need something.;..

I'm gonna call it a day...  😄

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 30
(1,889 Views)

exe Ray exe...

Exit App instance not abort vi the vi will end just fine. 

Did you start the weekend early?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,883 Views)

D'Oh!   😮

I think my brain went on vacation right after lunch today...

Gives meaning to "being out to lunch", doesn't it?  😞

What the heck was I thinking....  Like I said, time to call it a day...

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,871 Views)

Hi all

Good morning,

I put the 'Quit Labview Function' in my program and generate a .exe application file.

After I close the application, the front panel is closed, but the the application Icon is still in the task bar of my 64-bit windows 7 computer. The Win 7 task manager shows 'not responding' . And after 52 seconds later, the application icon will be disappear.

Can anyone explain why the 64-bit Win 7 takes 52 seconds to close my application? It works fine in 32-bit Win 7 and XP.

BTW, the Labview is 32-bit 2011.

Thanks

Steven

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,853 Views)

I've seen some similar behavior when closing programs (Word, DIAdem, TestStand, LabVIEW) with my 64-bit Windows 7 machine.  I think it is the WOW (Windows On Windows emulator) taking time to close (and therefore keep the application in the icon).  Maybe some IT scan is keeping it around a little longer?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,847 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

I think you are right. Is there anything we can do? 52 second is tool long for my application.

Thanks a lot.

Steven 

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,840 Views)

I have a similar problem with exiting my project. The wait cursor shows for more than 30 seconds, then the project window finally goes away. This is just after opening it and then immediately closing it.

Win7 64 bit with LV2011SP1 32 bit

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(1,822 Views)

Did you try to check some steps commented in this forum in the previous posts? If you did, can you post a screenshot or explain how are you implementing your project?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,801 Views)

Perhaps I should start another thread. My problem is with the development environment whilst the OP's issue is with a built application.

( I should get a kudo just for using "whilst")

Message 30 of 30
(1,793 Views)