LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The recent projects in Labview start window

In the recent projects section of the start window of Labview, sometimes it shows the project name (top two row of attached picture), sometimes it shows the full path of the project (3rd row till end). I haven't find any patterns of it. Is there a way to make it alway show the project name only? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,531 Views)

It shows the whole path when you have recently opened up two projects/VIs/whatever of the same exact name. It has no way to differentiate the two other than the path.

For me, this usually happens when I'm transfering files from a USB drive, or I'm comparing different versions of code. A fix is to move one of the two duplicate projects (on file) and then attempt to open it from that start window again. A popup will show "not found" and the project will be removed from the list. If that was the only other project with that name, the project left in the list will be reverted back to its simple name.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 3
(2,525 Views)

You can get recently opened project through VI Server with full path.

Recently Opened Projects.png

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,503 Views)