From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The procedure entry point _StopSpying@0 coule not be located in the dynamic link library NiSpyLog.dll

When I try to use Ni Spy I receive the error:

The procedure entry point _StopSpying@0 coule not be located in the dynamic link library NiSpyLog.dll

Ni VISA 4.0
Ni Spy 2.0.0.16
Windows 2000
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,819 Views)
NI-VISA 4.0 should come with NI-Spy version 2.4.  Did you have 2.0 installed previously?  It looks like there may have been a problem with the installation.  Have you already tried uninstalling NI-Spy and reinstalling?
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,802 Views)
I tried reinstalling before I came here.

I got it figured out here was the problem.

This is a new instalation so I downloaded tha latest VISA (4.0) and NI-488.2 (2.4)

My GPIB controller (USB-A) was no longer supported NI-488.2 version 2.4 Smiley Mad (but that's a rant for another day)

So I uninstalled version 2.4 and installed version 2.2.

It seems when version 2.4 was uninstalled it did not remove NiSpyLog.dll and when version 2.2 was installed it did not overwrite NiSpyLog.dll. Possibly because a newer version was already on the system?

I manually removed NiSpyLog.dll and reinstalled just NiSpy from the ni 488.2 version 2.2 package and it works now.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,799 Views)