LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem is that when I try to update my NI-DAQ drivers from 6.5.1 to version 6.7

I have a Win95 based system running Labview5.1 which utilizes the PCI-6025E board with the BNC-2090. The existing version of NI-DAQ drivers is 6.5.1. The problem is that when I try to update my NI-DAQ drivers to version 6.7 I receive the following errors:
1.The new software goes thru all the installation steps upto the point where it displays the message that it needs to restart to complete the installation.
2. The system then reboots and displays the message," Completed Updating Window Files"
3. Then I receive an error:
'Rgdaqhce' performed an illegal operation and will shut down.
4. The window closes and brings me back my normal Desktop display. The NI setup window appears and displays" Installing: Please Wait".
5. Then it goes thru the NI-DAQ setup normally, choosing the PCI-6025E and the BNC 2090 doc options.
6. WHen it gets to the point of selecting Documenatation PAth, Error: NI-DAQ SETup
Cannot find installation information for :322153.
At this point I just choose OK.
Then it proceeds where it request the Development path, LAbview 5.1 and then it proceeds to copy all the files and then states "Installation Complete" and are ready to configure MEasurement & Automation Sys.
7. The Measurement & Automation window appears:
DATA NEIGHBORHOOD
DEVICES & INTERFACES
SCALES.. WHen I click on any one of the above I get the following message:
" The configuration file has been updated from a previous system. If you save changes to this file it will be permanently upgraded to the current version." At this point I choose "OK"
8. Then it states.."you must reboot for the changes to take effect. Would you like to reboot? YEs or No!". where the Data Neighborhood folder never opened..
9. If you choose YES, the system reboots. If I open Measurement & Automation and click on Data Neighborhood again, I get the same above message as in #8 above. If I choose No at anytime to reboot, I get the following Error:
" Explorer- Illegal operation and it will shut down"
Then Measurement & Automation shuts down and brings me back to my windows desktop.
SO no matter what happens I can never get into Data Neighborhood, it keeps going into this cycle.

So I removed NI-Daq version 6.7 and re-installed version 6.5.1.

What recommendations may you suggest in upgrading from NI-Daq 6.5.1 to 6.7 on this system? I would like to take advantage of NI-DAQ 6.7 new feature where LAbview for Windows Data Acquisition Library LLBs now contain function calls to a dynamic link library called LVDAQ.DLL, where the benefit of changing the VIs to call DLL functions instead of code interface nodes, CINs, where thet VI load time is dramatically improved.
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

In the meanwhile I am searching your support page here to see if there are any similiar situation..I have not come across any as of yet.
Thanks for your help and sorry for such a long email.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,552 Views)
To upgrade NI-DAQ from 6.5 to 6.7 you should do the following:

1)Uninstall NI-DAQ 6.5 by going to the Add/Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel.

2)Power down your computer and remove the PCI-6025E.

3)Boot computer and install NI-DAQ 6.7 without installing any documentation. (If you need the documentation, it can be found at http://www.ni.com/manuals/) Make sure that you install support for LabVIEW 5.1, so that you have access to the DAQ VI's.

4)Power down computer and re-install the PCI card.

At this point, when you start your computer, Windows should tell you that it has found new hardware. You should see your PCI card under Devices and Interfaces in the Measurement & Automation explorer. If you don't, refresh your view by pressing F5.
Message 2 of 4
(2,553 Views)
 Hi,
One of my ex-colleagues has installed a NI-DAQ 6.5 in our system. [And I do not see any other naitional instruments card in the CPU of the computer, may be he removed it] I deleted the account and all his files in the system. When I am trying to install version8.0, its not getting installed and giving me a message that I should uninstall the previous version by going to Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

I tried doing that, but the "Change/Remove" button does not seem to work...[There is no response and so unable to install the new version...]

Any idea how can this problem be solved?

It is a windowsXP operating system with SP2 installed on a machine with P4 processor.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,364 Views)
Hello,

This question appears to have been answered in another discussion forum here.

Matt Anderson

Hardware Services Marketing Manager
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(2,342 Views)