cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The meaning of icons on LabVIEW welcome screen

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello~

I think the first icon from left side meant the PC have been installed "Real Time toolkit", and the second is "Vision debelopment toolkit".

How about the third icon? Is it Mathscript toolkit?

Is there a source code for "Welcome.vi" for this function? If yes, could someone provide the path to me?

Thanks a lot. Steve

1230150.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,481 Views)

Hi cn,

to check the meaning of those icons you could check your "NI License Manager"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(3,462 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephen886

I think this shows the modules you have installed, although I'll admit to never looking closely.

Here are some possible options:

1. Open the same window from the Help menu>>About. If you then hover over the icons, it looks like you get the description of each (at least for the one I have installed here).
  2. Open the NI license manager and look at which modules you have for each LV.
  3. Open the software section in MAX and look at what you have installed. I'm not sure how detailed this section is and whether it shows relationships (probably not).

Did you try hovering your mouse over it to read the text that shows up when you do?

Message 4 of 5
(3,426 Views)

Hello all,

Thanks for the reply so quickly, actually this is a question from another forum and I just want to help answer the guy. 🙂

I will reply the answer later to the forum.

I like this answer, because you guys provided the method instead of telling me what the toolkit actually is.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,405 Views)