From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The main strength of a QMH in State machine applications

2. Everybody gets the message, even it is not directed to them.  Therefore there are a lot of checking "is this message for me?  No.  That was a waste of a loop iteration..."

No, modules subscribe only for those UE Refnums which needed for them. I am talking about a multi-event structure. I can store multiple refnums in a cluster, so a single wire can go everywhere (or using FGV and no wire needed).

edit: but I understand your point for the other things...

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(863 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

2. Everybody gets the message, even it is not directed to them.  Therefore there are a lot of checking "is this message for me?  No.  That was a waste of a loop iteration..."

No, modules subscribe only for those UE Refnums which needed for them. I am talking about a multi-event structure. I can store multiple refnums in a cluster, so a single wire can go everywhere (or using FGV and no wire needed).

So am I.  But I recently ran into a situation where I did have this issue.  It was with a CAN and I just used an User Event to send the CAN data everywhere.  But the modules were looking for a specific Arbitration ID.  So everybody who recieved it had to do a check to see if it was for them and only process it further if it was.

I think this was the first time I really ran into this problem.  It is not a big deal, but is something to watch out for.  In hind sight, I think I should have had a CAN processing loop that then sends the data to whoever actually needed it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(851 Views)