LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The application failed to start (msvcp100.dll and atl100.dll not found)

Solved!
Go to solution

I recently have been getting this error upon opening up LabView 2012. I get two seperate error messages. The first says "The application failed to start because MSVCP100.DLL was not found. Re-installing this application may fix the problem." The other message says the same thing but it is ATL100.DLL that is not found.

I think these files are part of the C runtime engine, but I don't know what I need to install to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,668 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author boochbrain

Hello boochbrain, 

I believe you are correct that these files are part of a runtime engine; specifically, the C++ runtime library.  Reinstalling these libraries could definitely alleviate these errors you are seeing.

Here is a link to free download pages for various versions of this software on Microsoft's website:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/search.aspx?q=visual+c%2b%2b

Let me know how it works out!

Message 2 of 4
(4,634 Views)

Kevin,

Thanks for the solution. Spot on. The error message no longer comes up when I open LabView.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,616 Views)

For anyone else who stumbles upon this (I ran in to it using LabWindows 2017 on Windows LTSC), here is the current (as of 2022) link with all the various C++ redistributable versions:

Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Docs

There is a newer download (SP1) than a version I had been using (found from a link posted elsewhere in this forum).

Also, the two DLLS (MSVCP100.DLL and MSVCR100.DLL) both come on Windows 10 (and Windows 11, it seems) in newer versions than you can download from Microsoft.  But, on Windows LTSC, they are not included.

You can add just these two DLLs to the LabWindows installer project and it may be enouhg to make things run even on LTSC.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,747 Views)