LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The VISA read function is not reading the specified bytes from the buffer

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a program that continuously acquire data from an inverter. But,the "VISA read" function is not rreading all the bytes from the buffer which is a big problem because the way my program work is it will extract the specific bytes at the buffer and convert these values to voltage and current values.

I specified the number of bytes that I want to read from the buffer like for instance I want to read 21 bytes. But, even if there are 21 bytes at the buffer, the VISA read function only read 9 bytes. Im not using any termination character so this is weird. Im using LabVIEW 2011.

Attached is a picture of my program and also the results.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,021 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chrisqweert

You still have the termination character enabled.  You need to wire up a FALSE to the Termination Character Enable input on the Configure Serial Port.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,010 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chrisqweert
Your code has done basic problems on that you have specified a termination character and then you use bytes at serial port. DON'T use both. You have to understand that with a termination character, the VISA Read will automatically terminate when the character is detected and with hex being read, the termination character you've specified can easily be in the byte stream.
Message 3 of 3
(3,008 Views)