LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Close Data Storage VI does not seem to be working.

I am having trouble using the Storage VIs with a DataPlugin.  When I run the attached code, the file is not closed properly.  If I try to move the data file while the VI is running, I receive a Windows error telling me that the file is being used by another person or program.  The file reference only seems to be released once I stop execution. 

Since my application will run in the background and read files in an active data directory as they appear, the code needs to be able to close the files so they can be manipulated manually.  Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,305 Views)
I ran your code and found that the close reference VI is being called.  So the reference should be closing even though the while loop continues to run.  However I ws getting an error from the open from root VI because I do no have DiaDem installed.  Can you run your code with high light execution on and verify that the open from root VI is not hanging in infinite loop.  That really seems like the only possible source for this problem.
Chris Bakker
SET Americas
CEO

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,283 Views)

Chris,

you can double-click the URI file to register the DataPlugin so that you can open the data file with the DataPlugin.

Mike,

I was not able to reproduce the issue even by inserting a delete file node.

Could it be that you were trying to move the file before the Close Data Storage ran to completion ?

Mavis

delete.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,265 Views)