LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Agilent 33250A arbitrary waveform VI is ill-documented.

I am trying to create a waveform (basically a 1 D array of voltages) using the Agilent 33250A VI. The shape is simple - a 3.5V peak ramp starting from zero that extends over 50 microseconds, followed by a DC level of zero volts for 100 microseconds.

The named waveform is indeed saved on the instrument, but when I examined the points, it was always a 1 Vpp amplitude ramp. The timing appeared to be ok.

On a hunch, I used the gain and offset inputs of the configure arbitrary waveform VI to set things correctly(I was already using the frequency input for setting the temporal information). Now, the waveform is fine.

The create arbitrary waveform VI should document that it ignores the actual voltage levels. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,709 Views)

In other words, you ended up doing what the example does.Smiley Wink

As the documentation does state, the Create Arbitrary Waveform function scales and normalizes the data that you pass to it. So, for the 33250A, it scales it from -2047 to +2047. The waveform is centered around 0. The documentation also states that the maximum value of the waveform will be equal to the gain.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,701 Views)