LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text & Pict Ring. How to resize the picture?

Hello!

I'm doing a LabVIEW tutorial and an excercies is to add some pictures and text to a "Text & Pict Ring". I can add text and pictures to the control.

But the picture part of the control is always a single line in height, so the pictures get choped. And i can't understand how to change the height of just the picture part of the control. No matter how much i change the size of the control, the height of the picture part is always the same..

/Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,521 Views)

Interesting. I can resize just like any control. How are you importing the picture? I do Edit/Import Picture To Clipboard, then right click on the ring control and select Import Picture From Clipboard. I can then resize as normal  with the position and size tool.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,514 Views)

I tried all the importing possibilities

1. Copying the pic to the clipboard and the add it via "Import picture from clipboard"

2. Also the "After" and "Before" import

3. Drag and drop the picture from the folder onto the Text&Pic Ring Ctrl

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,508 Views)

Try this. Start with a new blank vi. Place a new Text & Pict Ring on the front panel and see if you can resize that.

Are you having trouble resizing a raw picture ring or is it from a strict typedef? I guess it couldn't be a strict typedef otherwise you would not have the option of importing a picture.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,504 Views)

I don't know what you mean with a typedef or strict typedef (new to LabVIEW).

Anyway, a Pict Ring i can resize to show the whole picture. In the Text & Pict Ring only the Text area changes height, not the picture area.

I use LabVIEW 2010 Evaluation version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,493 Views)

I have the same problem like redsmolf. Does anyone have any idea how to resize the picture and not the text ring?

I use LabVIEW 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,996 Views)

@Planika wrote:

I have the same problem like redsmolf. Does anyone have any idea how to resize the picture and not the text ring?

I use LabVIEW 2015.

If you drag the bottom enge of the control around, it determines how tall the picture will be.  If you drag the top edge around, you determine how tall the text box is.  Because of the nature of the control, dragging one of the sides determines how wide both elements will be.  Other than trial and error, I'm not sure how to make it the necessary size to fit your picture.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,990 Views)

@billko wrote:

@Planika wrote:

I use LabVIEW 2015.

If you drag the bottom enge of the control around, it determines how tall the picture will be.  If you drag the top edge around, you determine how tall the text box is.  Because of the nature of the control, dragging one of the sides determines how wide both elements will be.  Other than trial and error, I'm not sure how to make it the necessary size to fit your picture.

OMG, no way. 😄 I was trying only the bottom edge. Thanks billko. My question was just too silly.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,987 Views)

@Planika wrote:

@billko wrote:

@Planika wrote:

I use LabVIEW 2015.

OMG, no way. 😄 I was trying only the bottom edge. Thanks billko. My question was just too silly.

Ugh, I forgot that the text was on the BOTTOM.  Thanks for being able to interpret what I was actually trying to say.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,980 Views)