LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text File to Table

Hi,

I need to Convert a text file in a specific format to table.

Please find the attachment for the text file.

the table contains columns Section, Address, Data, Attribute.

Anybody please share me a sample VI to implement the above.

-mfp.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,745 Views)

That's in an ".ini" file format. Use the LabVIEW Configuration VIs to read the file. There's an example that ships with LabVIEW. Have you actually tried to look? I ask because you seem to have a tendency to ask questions without any apparent effort on your part to show that you've actually tried something.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,732 Views)

Hi,

You are mistaken, Sorry.

Before posting every message, i try the examples to get the issue solved.

but unfortunately, sometimes, i could not able to solve the problems, thats why i am asking for the help.

Please help.

-mfp.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,728 Views)

I did just help. I told you that you need to use the Configuration File VIs to read the file. If you don't know how to use them, look at the example that ships with LabVIEW. Open the Example Finder (Help -> Find Examples), and search for "configuration". Open the example called "Read Configuration Settings File". You need to use a loop to iterate through your sections, and then read each of the keys in that section. Auto-indexing on the for-loop will create your table.

Try it. Learn to fish. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
(3,716 Views)

Sorry for disturbing again..

Anybody share me a sample VI.

-mfp.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,697 Views)

Please try to understand what smercurio told you : We can help you learn how to use LabVIEW, but we are not here to help you do your home work.

If you want help, you should show us what you have attempted yet : attach an example of your code. This will help us understand where you are stuck. If you don't, you will send us a very strong negative message.

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,689 Views)

Okay.

Can i ask one more question?

My File contains a Key Word Named Sections, How shall i count the number of "Sections" in the file.

I need the Count Value Only.

-mfp. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,676 Views)

Message received...

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,668 Views)

You don't need to count anything. Honestly, did you look at the Configuration File VIs? The Get Section Names will return to you all of the section names as an array. You can auto-index a for-loop directly from this.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,647 Views)