From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tetris Model

Hi i found a tetris program that someone post in these forums, the thing is the program itself uses the keyboard arrows to play the game. What i want to do is a model of that game, so instead of using the arrows i was thinking of using push buttons, three i think (down, left, right). I have gone through the entire desing of the program but still dont know how to implement this change. I was hoping you could guide me a little...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,081 Views)

Hi,

There are many ways to achieve what you want to do. All versions include a DAQ device. This device acts as an interface between the circuit and the computer. You need to convert electrical signals (0V or 5V depending if the push buttons is pressed or not) to digital information (0 or 1 logic).

The device is up to you. There are low cost USB devices like the USB-6008 or the NI MyDAQ (just if you are student) that can work perfectly for basic task like this one.

I considered that this link can be useful:

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/dataacquisition/digitalinput.htm

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,042 Views)