LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand sequence file not locking when locked from a labview running vi

Hi guys,

ok, here's the issue that I have:

I'm running a vi (directly in labview) which is supposed to lock a sequence file in Teststand (with a level 2 protection), but it doesn't have any effect on the sequence file. (the file remains unlocked).

The vi runs just fine, and the strange part is that when I read the lock status (property node in labview) of the sequence file afterwards it appears as "True" (i.e the file has been locked).

(Note: Teststand is closed while running the vi, then I open it to check if the sequence is locked or not)

However, integrating this same vi as step in a separate sequence file in teststand, and running it, will work. Why? Is it possible to
lock a sequence directly by running the vi in labview?

Attached to this message is the block diagram of the vi.

The relevant inputs are:

SequencePath -- sequence file to be locked

Password -- password used to lock file

Version -- Also sets the version of the file

If anyone can help clarify this, I'd appreciate 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,399 Views)

Hi gabolt,

Would you mind answering a few questions for me regarding this issue?

1. Have you tried reading the "locked" property of an unlocked sequence file before setting any properties? Does it read false?

2. What happens if you try to run the VI on a locked sequence file?

3. Are there any differences in the data you are passing to the VI in TestStand versus the inputs you are using when running the VI alone?

4. When TestStand locks the file using the VI, are you able to use the password you assigned to unlock it?

5. Is the version number saved when you run the VI from LabVIEW?

Thank you!

Rick C.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,361 Views)

Hi,

I've been working on the same problem.  I was just able to get it working (with the help of a coworker... Kudos IRL, Jiggawax).  You're missing a couple things:

1.  Once you set the lock, you must also call Unlock (I know, this seems counterintuitive... but it works).

2.  You're missing a Save (You have to call Save to change the File Copy).

SImilar screenshot attached.  Hope this helps anyone else encountering this.

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,195 Views)