LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand UI ExpressionEdit Control value change Event

Hi,

I'm using TestStand UI ExpressionEdit Control in my UI.

I want to get the value change event on this control.

I have created an Event case with value change for this control, but unfortunately I am not getting the value change event in my event structure.

Does anyone know what can be the reason?

Am I missing any setting which needs to be done on this control?

Can anyone help me with a solution?

Thanks in Advance...

Into the pursuit...
Maverick
Message 1 of 6
(2,821 Views)

Hi Maverick,

Have you had a look on the TestStand Operator Interfaces examples delivered with TestStand?

If you look at the SimpleOI example, you will see an implementation of Callbacks for handling TestStand ActiveX Controls Events. Those callbacks are called and can create a user event programmatically, wich will trigger your event structure.

Kind Regards,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,815 Views)

Hi Maverick,

I tried using value change on ExpressionEdit, and finally came to know that Value Change does not work for this control. I discussed this with NI, and they gave me a work around for this, which, was not helpful for me though.

To carry out something similar, what I do is get what I type in ExpressionEdit control using property node, and trigger some event when I have typed some string in this. Its kind of polling the control, which is not efficient.

-FraggerFox

-FraggerFox!
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified TestStand Developer
"What you think today is what you live tomorrow"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,801 Views)

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reply...

I was unable to find a suitable example that you have mentioned.

Can you please send me one example which explains the solution. Or the name of the example and the version of TS.

Thanks in advance...

Into the pursuit...
Maverick
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,786 Views)

Hi Maverick,

You can find the exemple in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 4.2.1\UserInterfaces\Simple\LabVIEW (for Windows XP)

In this exemple, it uses a "Quit Application Event" user event, with the "Exit Application" Callback.

But I'm not sure what kind of callback you can obtain for your UI Expression Edit, I didn't pass enough time on TestStand yet.

Regards,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,779 Views)

Hi Maverick,

Did you find any solution for this problem?

I am facing the same issue.

Thanks and regards,

Aditya CHANGAVALLI

LabVIEW 2009 SP1

TestStand 4.2.1

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,603 Views)