cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating two independent while loops

The majority of the last bit of rube can also be simplified:

Rube Cleanup.png

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(808 Views)

Hi crossrulz

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crossrulz wrote:

[...]

On a serious note:  What is the second loop supposed to be doing?  The way I see it, you already have all the information you need in the first loop.  I don't see a point in your second loop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After i read status command response i need to show all data to user. After i read successfully i need to wait for user to press exit from front panel. Becasue user take some time to analyse all the datas. second while loop for that only. Thats why termination condition are either error occured or exit pressed by user.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(773 Views)

Hi 

Your reply for that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets not go for reduction of code inside first while loop,i tried already

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this idea before but i did this becasue in other project size of store rate,scan rate varies and i kept it general.

This doesnt make any difference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(773 Views)

Hi 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(770 Views)

Hi bsvare

Tell me how can i simplify. All the property node is for different controls. Please post your simplified version.

Thanks

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(766 Views)

Hi 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(765 Views)

There are many ways you can implement your code and still have a much less rube style of code. You do understand that you are ignoring the advice of some of the top LabVIEW programmers on the forums. Rather than debate with them that your bad code is the only way to do things try to listen to their advice and learn how to improve your code.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 17 of 19
(738 Views)

Dear 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(714 Views)

Ranjeet,

You seem to have missed the fundamental point that all the Gurus are trying to give you. Simplify how you process the code cand do one function for all items of the same type (that way if you have it wrong it is easier to correct, it is easier for others to read, and the code is smaller.) THEN when the data is processed, in it's final form you can have your propery nodes/ indicators or whatever you need to update. It's much easier to keep the code seperate that way.

Standard NI Mantra:

1) Aquire

2) Anaylse (Process Data)

3) Present (Display Processed Data to user)

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(649 Views)