From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature increase warning

I have a simple temperature monitoring VI and am interested in creating a warning light if the temperature is to increase more than 5 degrees per second. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,545 Views)

Show us the code that you have developed (In 2013 or earlier version or a code snippet).

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,540 Views)

Yes please post some code.  The simple solution is to only read temperature once a second, and keep the previous reading in a shift register in a while loop.  If current value minus previous value is greater than 5 then use a case structure to change behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,527 Views)

hi all...i m doing project about temperature with labview interface arduino...i would like to ask is it possible to send email only one time when the temperature is continuously more than 30 degree celsius for 5 times?..now the problem i faced is when the temperature more than 30 degree, many email will sent.

thx for help... 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,497 Views)
Yup sure is possible what part of the program are you having issues with? Post what you've tried.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,484 Views)

this is what i try...vi 2012

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,477 Views)

@mesutozil wrote:

hi all...i m doing project about temperature with labview interface arduino...i would like to ask is it possible to send email only one time when the temperature is continuously more than 30 degree celsius for 5 times?..now the problem i faced is when the temperature more than 30 degree, many email will sent.

thx for help... 

You and the OP are working together? If not why don't you start a seperate thread for your queries.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,472 Views)

if i separete it, i need to stop the labview then email just can send...

can i send the email when the labview still running

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,467 Views)

Do you intend on sending an email every 2 seconds?  Because that is what you code does.  What I think you want to do is to only send an email if a condition is met.  To do this you'll want to use the case structure (not a for loop that runs 1 time) and in the True case does one thing and in the false case does nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,425 Views)

@mesutozil wrote:

if i separete it, i need to stop the labview then email just can send...

can i send the email when the labview still running

He meant that, unless you and the original poster are working together, you should create a new topic so there won't be any confusion.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,418 Views)