LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature controller

I am doing for a project that named Automatic Temperature Monitoring and Control System using Labview. In this project, I don't need to construct a hardware prototype and instead I have to implement the project using only Labview not connected with any actual hardware. I don't know very well about inputs and outputs but as I mentioned above the input can be voltage and the output must be temperature and control. Thanks.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(886 Views)

Are you using any simulated devices? What sort of data are you taking in with your DAQ Assistant. Are you using a DAQ device?

Regards,

Leah

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(874 Views)

I am not using any device. I need pure labview program which can add input and these functions I mentioned above. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(869 Views)

Sounds to me like you're asking us to do your homework.  At least create a front panel with the controls and indicators required and then a block diagram with a loop that will update the output based on the input.  We'll help you fill in the details and guide you when you're stuck.  That way we can see what you're trying to accomplish without wasting time guessing.  This is an easy task but you're not going to learn LabVIEW if we just give you the answers...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(865 Views)

Greatly thanks for your answer. It will be helpful. 

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(846 Views)

Also, don't forget to check out the examples that ship with LabVIEW.  They are a great way to learn the basics and you can use them as a template to get you started.

Help > Find Examples...  Then go to the Search tab and type "temperature".  Towards the bottom you will find the "Temperature System Demo.vi" and the "Tank Simulation.vi".  Both should help you learn about basic monitoring and controlling.  More advanced stuff can be found under PID (you may need the PID toolkit so some of those).

God Luck and post back if you have questions...

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(832 Views)

Please help me giving the idea for looping method. In my program, there is a input voltage and this voltage will change to equivalent temperature and the temperature will controlled by the logic gates. I want to add the looping method to get a automatic control system, for example if the temperature goes beyond the upper limit, the looping will decrease (decrement--) the input voltage and if the temperature goes below the lower limit, the looping will increase (increment++) the input voltage until the desire temperature is reached. And finally, at the desire temperature limit, the looping will end. I don't know well about how to decrease or increase the input voltage. Please explain in details. If possible, please help me improved my program with loopings that I asked before. Thank you very much.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(790 Views)

I'm still using LabVIEW 2010 so I can't look at your code but it sounds like you need to learn about servo loops and PID tuning.  Look at my link 3 post down in this thread for some basics from NI:  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/PID-overshoots-to-maximum-for-any-change/td-p/2245538

There's a lot of information on the web if you search for "PID Tuning" or "Temperature Control".  Time to do some research... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(781 Views)