LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telnet Vis no longer available in LV2016?

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,

I have been running a VI in Labview 2011 that uses Telnet VIs to communicate with an instrument over an Ethernet LAN.  I upgraded to Labview 2016 and these VIs are no longer available.  Have these VIs been replaced.  It appears that the Web Services VIs might be the alternative method, but it is not obvious how to use these VIs.  Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,512 Views)

I believe the telnet VIs were deprecated in LV 2012.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 6
(3,507 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tgdrake

A few of the interfaces from the Internet Toolkit were moved over into the base LabVIEW (2012 sounds about right for the timeframe).  The Telnet were completely deprecated.  For the couple of applications I have needed it in the last month or two, I just used normal TCP/IP to do the communications and have not ran into a problem yet.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(3,492 Views)

Thanks I will try that.  Gives me something to go try.  That was what I needed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,485 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

I am currently working on a project where I need to connect to CAN_Ethernet Gateway using Telnet. I was wondering if you can send a snippet or image of the section where you used TCP/IP for communications. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,240 Views)

@manny09 wrote:

I was wondering if you can send a snippet or image of the section where you used TCP/IP for communications.

It is literally the command with an End Of Line concatenated to it and then into the TCP Write.  I used the CRLF ending option for the TCP Read.  Otherwise, just look up the TCP Client and TCP Server examples (Help->Find Examples) for the rest of the details.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,230 Views)