LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix TDS 3052C oscilloscope resetting in Data Acquisition Code

Hello all,

I am a Mechanical Engineering student here at the University of Southern Maine, I will be graduating this May and need some help with the code for my capstone project.  We locate the pulse thrown out by the transducer the pulse is captured by the TDS 3052C o-scope, then we execute the program, it successfully captures the signal, but it also resets the o-scope so that I have to relocate the location of the pulse.   I need the code to stop resetting the oscilloscope but I have not figured it out yet... in the Initialize VI there is a switch that says Reset Device, but I have a Boolean false on it.

The code uses Labview 2011.   Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,839 Views)

Are you trying to capture another waveform or are you just trying to get the waveform you just got?

If you dig into the Initialize VI, if you are not resetting the device it reinitializes all of the settings.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,831 Views)

We are trying to capture another waveform, but like I said the code rests the oscilloscope to a certain default setting.  We are unsure if the error is in the actual code.  I am just learning labview this semester for this project, so I apologize for my lack of understanding.

How does the initialize VI reinitialize the settings?  How can I stop this from happening?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,805 Views)

There's a command inside the initialize VI to set default settings.  Really, there's only one part of the initialize VI that you need, setting of the timeout (I'm assuming you are using GPIB here).  So I would get rid of the initialize VI replace it with the Timeout property node.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,801 Views)

I must have another bug, it still resets the oscope 😕 How do I know what to set my timeout value to? Is this something in the owener's manual?

Again thank you for all your help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,778 Views)

@Aralayla wrote:

I must have another bug, it still resets the oscope 😕 How do I know what to set my timeout value to?

I just used what was in the Initialize VI.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,760 Views)