LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix TDS 3000 VISA and driver disagreement

Solved!
Go to solution

My lab is trying to use LABVIEW 2015 in order to digitally obtain waveform data from a Tektronix TDS 3054 Oscilloscope. We have (on two separate computers) installed the latest version of VISA (15.5) as well as the drivers for the Tektronix 3000 series. However, when we open the instrument control drivers and run any of the examples, we get the following error

"Error -1073807202 occurred at VISA Open in Tektronix TDS 3000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->Tektronix TDS 3000 Series Auto Setup Waveform Acquire.vi"

We have re-installed the drivers on both computers with no luck, the error persists. We have also re-installed VISA but the error continues. Is there anything that we may be missing with regard to how to actually set up this instrument and sync it with labview? We are connecting the oscilloscope to our computers using a GPIB to USB cable and the systems are more or less unresponsive.

Any guidance on this matter would be appreciated,

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,982 Views)

How are you connecting to the scope? (USB,GPIB, serial?)

The screenshot shows VISA is looking  for the scope to be on GPIB address 1.

Is that where the scope really is?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,959 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hexagram

If you are using GPIB you also need to have NI-488.2 installed.

Ben64

Message 3 of 6
(3,955 Views)

This seems to have fixed the problem! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,941 Views)

@hexagram wrote:

This seems to have fixed the problem! Thank you!

You should then mark my post as the accepted solution by clicking the blue "Accept As Solution" button.

Ben64

Message 5 of 6
(3,935 Views)

What if you are using a USB.  I have a tektronix 3000c oscilloscope and an NI usb 6008 that I'm trying to use together, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,823 Views)