LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tektronix Oscilloscope TDS 2004C USB Communication Error

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to capture a waverform from TDS 2004 C oscilloscope using USB interface. I have downloaded the device drivers (LV 2014) from ni's website. The program gives the followning error message

(Hex 0xBFFF001D) The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource.

I have noticed that in the initialze subVI, there a case structure that has only control for GPIB and serial communication. Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

-Hamza

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,414 Views)
What is your resource name? Is the instrument appearing as USBTMC in MAX? The initialize should have a case for serial and a default case for GPIB and USB.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,397 Views)

Yes the instrument appears as USB0::0x0699::0x03A2::C012687::INSTR, I have used the same address as visa resource name. If you check the VI I attached with my previous message, it only has true and false cases (true for serial and false for GPIB/USB). The error appears after second case structure and inside the third one (Reset Instrument/Default Setup).

Thank you for your help.

-Hamza

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,383 Views)

The comes from the first case structure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,374 Views)
Please clarify which case the error is coming from and which function. I'm posting from my phone and I'm can't look at the block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,359 Views)

Sorry for the confusion, I have attached the screen shot of block diagram. Even though I select USB as interface type, it still selects Serial code in the first case structure (causing error code).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,351 Views)
The enum for the interface type comparison should not be USB. It should be serial. Is that how you got the driver?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,341 Views)

No it was on serial but I am not using serial port therefore I changed it to USB.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,315 Views)
Then change it back. You do NOT want to configure serial port settings when you have a USBTMC connection. You want the original false case.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,297 Views)