LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tekpower 3645A power supply

Helo there, need help controlling the Tekpower 3645A power supply. Anybody has sample code that can share with me? I downloded the drivers for the Array Electronics 3645A but it is not working. Anybody can help? The power supply works because I installed the software that comes with it and I was able to make it work, but my application requires labview to controll the power supply instead. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,386 Views)
If the driver does not work, you need to provide more information than that. A picture of the instrument is not at all sufficient. At least provide the error code/message that you get. Are you using an example that comes with the driver? Also, what sort of physical connection are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,361 Views)

It says that Visa timed out. Yes I am using the example that comes with the drivers. The communication is USB to RS232.The example code I am using is the one below. Also de communication protocol is attached below for this power supply. Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,340 Views)
Please don't attach proprietary file types instead of a VI or snippet.

Your serial configuration is probably wrong but you didn't show that either. There's not enough effort on your part in providing meaningful information.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,322 Views)

Hi Chulito,

Would you mind taking a look at Steps 7-9 in the document linked below? I am hoping that clears up the issue. 

Instrument Driver Troubleshooting Guide

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,276 Views)

Hi Cicco thanks for your help, I was able to make the Tekpower 3645A power supply  work following your instructions, really appreciate it. All I did was Tools>>Instrumentation>>Find instrument drivers>>

Then on the Manufacturer drop down window I selected the Array Electronics>>Then right click on search button to find the drivers>> Then installed  drivers>>Lastly restart my computer. The pictures below show what I did to install this drivers.

Thansk and have a great day!

Isidoro Vazquez

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,255 Views)

Excellent! Glad to have helped. Happy coding and designing! 

---
Alex C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,250 Views)
So, in your original post when you said you had downloaded the driver, you hadn't actually downloaded it?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,243 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
So, in your original post when you said you had downloaded the driver, you hadn't actually downloaded it?

He might have meant the vendor's software and not the LabVIEW drivers.

English apparently isn't his first language.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,231 Views)

Good morning Dennis, I thought I did but I had not properly. Actually this is the first time I do something like this and beforehand I want to apologize for the misundertanding I may have caused you. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question and as it is mentioned, English is my second language and many times is very hard to come up with the proper question. But I really appreciate your help and the help of everyone else.

Thanks and have a great day,

Isidoro Vazquez

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,207 Views)