LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taskbar locking up

Hi - using XP or W2K and LV 7.1.  On a couple of my apps, when LV is running, the taskbar does not respond to clicks.  I have to press the "window" key on my keyboard to "wake up" the taskbar.  The apps that were running and since have been closed still show up on the taskbar until I hit the windows button as well.  Anyone seen this?  Fix?  thx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,382 Views)

I have seen this issue before and it is caused by the CPU being too busy to refresh the screen properly. If your labview front panel is set to application type and full screen I have seen instances where it covers the task bar. If you minimize and maximize the Labview window while it is exicuting depending on what the program is doing and how much of your computers resources are being used the screen will not get refreshed.

In reality the taskbar you are clicking on is not realy there, it is proberbly behind the labview window. The CPU just hasn't had time to refresh the screen completly.

If you have any loops running in your apps, make sure there are small delays in them. If not labview will attempt to run them as fast as possible using all available resources.

Andrew Alford
Production Test Engineering Technologist
Sustainable Energy Technologies
www.sustainableenergy.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,377 Views)