LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Takes 3min to show Source Files in Build properties

Hi All

I have midsize project (200 vi's 12mb all in all). Now, I right click properties, everything is fast, I can switch to preview. But when I click on Source Files, the windows stays for almost 3minutes not responding. Is this normal? Seems for me a quite long time just to see the Source Files.

About the project, my architecture is NOT based on classes. Just normal vi's.

Do you see same things for your projects?

Best Regards

Urs

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,959 Views)

Simply opening a build spec can take minutes for me. The pause is seemingly random and has occurred across a range of PCs/Installs/LabVIEW versions/projects, so I assume it is a LabVIEW problem. Really irritating and needs fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,943 Views)

I've never timed it but I have seen similar long delays when viewing the build specification properties.  The project file is just an XML file so I'm always half tempted to just open and edit the XML file for things like updating the version of an EXE I'm about to build.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,929 Views)
I have built projects much larger than what you are describing without long delays when showing the source files. What version of LV? What OS? The project directories don't have any Windows shortcuts in them do they?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,907 Views)

I use Labview 2013 with SP1 and windows 7. The computer has 8gb ram and a 4 core cpu with 3.2ghz.

Only the grafikcard is not very fancy, its a nvidia nvs 310.

The project directory does not contain any special windows shortcuts. It contains only vi files, some txt files, the svn files and a word template for producing a report.

I'm quite interesting why its fast with you and i have to wait for 3 minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,898 Views)

To give an idea of my project size, project folder is 1.44GBm 1,324 files.

I wonder if I can find any common characteristic with you, urrsieg.

-Do you use subversion? Wondering if hidden subversion files could make any odds.

-Are you using an autopopulating folder in your project?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,888 Views)

See how much it affects speed if you turn off ***** temporarily.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,883 Views)

Hi ToeCutter

I use svn with the VSI TSVN tool. I have at the moment only one autopopulating folder. I use also OpenG library and other Labview libraries as for example the report generation toolkit.

There are also other Labview project files in subdirectories.

I have absolutly no guess why its taking so long. A windows start takes only 40 s. Why do I have to wait 2min and 50s? In my eyes, everything is pretty clear and straight forward. Almost all of the vi's are build in labview 2013 and by myself.

To describe the problem a bit preciser. Every category inside the build properties is fast, just when i click on "source Files", or Source File Settings I need to wait almost constantly 3min. But only the first time when I open the project.

Afterwards, the labview window gets the state "not responding".

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,878 Views)

*Antivirus in previous post.

It sounds like something is blocking or searching, maybe antivirus, or network access. 

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,868 Views)