From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take snapshot in VLC minimized mode

Hello Folks,

Im trying to take snapshot of live stream in VLC, this operation happens very often so i wanted to do it in background.

Basically i have connected and PoE camera and using VLC player - Network stream, I could be able to stream live.

Now how can i take snapshot using labview and VLC player in minimized position. Thanks in Advance!!!

Royal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,959 Views)

Do you have any code (that works)?  It seems that VLC is a product that is not part of LabVIEW -- there are mentions of it on the Web with some discussion of how you might be able to do things in LabVIEW.  What are you trying to do?  Why use VLC?  What have you tried?

BS

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,908 Views)

Hey BS

Thanks for replying

Right now im Maximizing VLC application and doing Printscreen and then Minimizing VLC all using LabVIEW code. But when i maximize, VLC will pop up on the monitor which is not good for repetitive action of taking snapshots. So VLC should run in background and take snapshot when labview triggers.

Royal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,885 Views)

It is extremely difficult to help someone with their LabVIEW code when we can't look at the LabVIEW code.  It appears, from your description, that you use LabVIEW to start VLC, then use LabVIEW to maximize the VLC window (which allows you to manipulate its User Interface and take pictures), then minimize the window (which hides VLC's User Interface).

It would be helpful to actually see if this "guess" is what you are doing, or if you are doing something else that may suggest a way you can accomplish your task.  Otherwise, if we have only a vague idea what you are trying to do (and how you are trying to do it), we can only give you a vague answer for why it isn't working.

Post your LabVIEW code.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,857 Views)

Your best bet is posting on the VLC forum to see if VLC has a sanpshot function.

Normally you can't take a snapshot on a minimized window in any programming language.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,847 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,803 Views)