LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags to update in a project item

Hi All,

I need to set the properties of a build specification programatically. It has been given in the forum to use the "Set Tag" property. But I dont know the tag names for each field of the build specifications. Does anyone have a list that contains all the tag names?

Thanks in Advance,

Citra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,397 Views)

Citra,

i assume that you want to modify the lvproj-file directly as XML file.

As i am not aware of a complete list of tag names for each item (including build specifications), i recommend you to create a simple project, add a build specification similar to the ones you want to create programmatically in the future.

Then, open the lvproj-file using some text editor and browse the tags in the build specifications section.

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,370 Views)

It's not recommended to play around with the project XML definition, this could quickly result in corrupted build definitions that stop working completely and become unrecoverable.

You may be able to use VI Server, or scripting, to get the project Build Specification element and modify it's properties programmatically. I've not done this, but I suspect there are a number of useful functions available in there. However I also suspect this would prove difficult, and perhaps also prone to corruption. 

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,349 Views)