From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control in labview

Hello everyone, could someonehelp me? I need help about table control and using data from table. Here is my vi, and i want to know how to use data from table in vi. I need to make some calculations with every value in table colum.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,102 Views)

Example_VI_BD.png

it is a 2D string array,manipulate data using the ARRAY PALETTE , loops and string conversions.

Message 2 of 10
(7,086 Views)

Any example??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,074 Views)

@Nenoo wrote:

Any example??

not knowing what exactly you need, there are many examples.....try  "2D array" in the forum search  Smiley Wink

there should be something close to what you need, try it....and get back to us with a VI and any problems you have encountered with it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,052 Views)

What are you trying to do with the data?  If you are doing calculations, you will first need to convert from a 2D Array of strings into a 2D Array of numerics, most likely DBL.  You can do all kinds of fun stuff from there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,037 Views)

@Nenoo wrote:

... how to use data from table in vi. I need to make some calculations with every value in table colum.

you are building your table as an indicator...couldn't you just wire directly the data directly into your calculations or make references to them from your sub.vi? 

Message 6 of 10
(7,034 Views)

I can connect it directly, but i need to know how to take value from exact colum and make calculations with it(average value from all colums, devation and same...).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,995 Views)

Hi Nenoo,

to "take values from table" you need to index array elements. Usually IndexArray is the function you need.

(Or autoindexing in a loop, depending on your task which isn't defined very well until now.)

This is pretty basic LabVIEW knowledge so I advise you to take the free online courses offered by NI!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,991 Views)

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,980 Views)

@Nenoo wrote:

I can connect it directly, but i need to know how to take value from exact colum and make calculations with it(average value from all colums, devation and same...).

here's one part (average) for you....

Example_VI.png

Message 10 of 10
(6,961 Views)