LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control for display and edit.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am displaying text based on what button a user presses.At the moment I am using a table control. I also use a shift register to keep the data displayed.This is on a while loop.Works fine.Except now I want the user to be able to edit the text in the display but obviously once the text in the cell is changed it is immediately overwritten by the data on the shift register.Just can't get my head around a solution.How would a senario like this typically be implemented.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,601 Views)

Hi,

could you post a little vi which explains your problem ?

Best Regards

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,597 Views)

Not exactly little but I am eager for contructive feedback in general as well..

The Tcp will timeout after a while but it will work long enough to see the issue..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,588 Views)

Sorry,

I don't read vi which doesn't fit to my window...
Try to do proper code, and come back : you will solve your problem alone.

Best Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,580 Views)

In general, you need to reduce the size of your block diagram.  Get rid of the sequences, encapsulate blocks of code into subvis and document what you are doing.

As far as the table control goes, I suggest using an event structure to capture the control change and this would allow you to update the array in the shift register.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,574 Views)

Thanks for the pointers Guys ..Yes it is unwieldly ..I will take your advice on board and retry.

Message 6 of 8
(2,570 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JimKay

Still struggling with this problem,,

I can get working if there was only set of buttons but the concat strings terminal causes problems where ever I place it

Small diagram attached

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,540 Views)

think i'm sorted..jusr used the property set cell value in each case to update with the bool text in two cols rather than comcat the strings..deleted event struct and shift registers..happy enough with this!.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,529 Views)