From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control property node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, please explain the difference between two operations explained below. For reference I have attached tow images here.

Theoretically, as per help page in labview, When i set ' allow multi colors property ' to true, i can change the colors of the page in tab control. But here, program runs in a reverse way. When I set that property to false and run a program, tab control object in front panel will change to the color i have given(First image with bule color tab control). When set to true and run a program, it gets defualt color( second image, default tab control). I don't know how it happens, help me. Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

img 1.jpgimg 2.jpg

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
Aspirant Labview Programmer (Labview 14) 😉
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,644 Views)

Hello dhans,

In tab controller user can add number of tabs. If you want to change the FG color of all tabs as a same color then the multicolor property node is used and it should be set as FALSE.

Whenever you want to change the single tab FG color then you should make multicolor property as TRUE. 

Attached snap for both... Smiley Happy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,634 Views)

Hi, thanks for reply. But I did run program as u said. But no change is happened at front panel side. It still remains as second image attached in above. default tab control only appears. Is there anything in program i need to change?

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,629 Views)

Attach VI Instead of Image,

Make sure you are aware of execution of property node (Top Down), if you attach the code which you have tried it will helpful  for others to run and debug

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,623 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dhans

You should get the Tab Page reference and change the color individually if you want.

-Set the Allow Multiple Colors to TRUE: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvprop/tabctrl_allow_multi_clrs/

-Get Each Page reference:https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvprop/pagesel_pgs/

-Then choose color as you want : https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvprop/page_clrsfg_clr/

Thanks
uday
Message 5 of 7
(4,619 Views)

Thanks a lot buddy

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,590 Views)

Hi everyone,
I have a .vi in which long ago I experienced some of the TAB control properties.
I am attaching hoping helpful

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,574 Views)