LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control name editing

Solved!
Go to solution

In my application i am using tab control . 

For that i want to programatically change tab names and i want to enable and disable a specific tab .
In property i cant find this option and in discussion forums i could not able to open the vi mentioned in the link 
What might be the problem .
Thank you
Raja
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,926 Views)

I don't think you can enable/disable a page, but you can disable all of the controls on a page.

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,921 Views)

To enable disable a tab page:

Enable Disable Tab Page.png

Ben64

Message 3 of 6
(2,916 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nagaa

So, adding Ben64's answer, we have:

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 6
(2,907 Views)

Thank you very much 

ben64   and   jcarmody

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,888 Views)
You are have your answer concerning enabling and disabling tabs. Concerning the first part of your question you can not dynamically change the names of tabs at runtime. The reason is that logically tabs are enumerated with the tab names being the enumerations. In other words the names aren't properties that you can change, they are part of the datatype.
Now what you can do is use a combination of buttons and enabling/disabling controls to simulate the appearance of a tab control - which might not be a bad idea given the problems that tabs can cause.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,877 Views)