From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm new here, I have LV 2013 Student Edition and habe a problem with adding tab control.

Now my Problem/Question..

E.g. I have a tab control with two folder on a Frontpanel ( + Typdef). On folder two I have a button. Now I want to add a new folder between these.

But when I add this new one, the button is on the new one, not on the third. Is this normally??

Can I fixed the button on the old folder two?

sorry for my english, I'm from Germany

Thanks for an answer 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,185 Views)

I think you mean page rather than folder.

I've never seen the behavior you described.  Can you attach your VI?  Can you create a Jing video that shows the steps you are doing?

If the button is on the wrong page, you can drag it off the page to another area of the front panel, change the page to where you want it to go, then drag the button back onto that page.

That will allow you to fix that control.  I don't know why an existing control would wind up on a newly added page like you are describing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,161 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tschaldi

If a tab is a typedefinition, you cannot rearrange or change the tabs, except by editing the typedef. If you edit the typedef and select "rearrange pages", the pages rearrange, but the contents of the pages in the VI remain in the original tab order.

The problem is that the type definition is just the naked tab control, and editing the type definition in the control editor is independent of the contents of the tab control instance on your particular VI.

This is a limitation that I have encountered myself and I wonder if there is a good solution. (I sometimes make my tab control type definitions for the sole purpose of creating diagram constants of it that I can compare with the tab state to do certain operations).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,145 Views)

Thanks for a fast answer 🙂

i have a german language LV, so i can't know all the words in english, sry 😕

Here a little vi for example.

in 2tab is the normal version. In 3tab i add a new page between 1 and 2.

My question, is it normal that the button from page 2 before now in the new page between (3) is?

I have a finally big programm and I have forgotten a page. And when I add a new page between these, the buttons and graphs don't stay fix on the old page.

I hope I can describe my problem 😞

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,139 Views)

and here the other ctl

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,136 Views)

Oh okay...

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,133 Views)

Interesting.

I now see that Typedef was mentioned in the original post, but it really wasn't clearly stated that the tab control itself was a typedef, and that the original poster would have had to open the typedef and edit it there in order to add the new page.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,109 Views)