From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC-2230 FTP server not allowing connections

We have recently switched to purchasing the new TPC-2230 touch panels instead of the TPC-2212 which is being phased out of production.

Both are running WES7 as the O.S.   We setup everything the same in the IIS manager for hosting an FTP server, but the 2230 panels refuse to accept an FTP connection. The 2212 panels work great.

Thoughts?

We have 12 brand new TPC-2230 panels waiting for installation. I'd rather use these than return and purchase the 2212.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,908 Views)
I would suspect a firewall issue? Have you tried disabling the Windows Firewall and see if it allows the connection then? Have you tried connecting to the FTP server from the PC itself?

You could also try temporarily running a 3rd party FTP server (e.g. Filezilla server) just to help rule out whether it's a connection/firewall issue or an issue with the configuration of the FTP server.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,842 Views)

There seemed to be two different issues.

I double checked the firewall and even disabled the public network with no luck.

First, these new panels are taking FOREVER to indentify and cooperate with the DHCP server.  The IP address is served out fairly quickly and as normal, but the "Identifying" status will spin for 10 minutes before the TPC recognizes the corporate network. Until that is complete, you can't FTP to the TCP.  Hopefully the panels won't be powered off or disconnected very often.

The second issue is that the FTP server refused to authenticate or add a user "Admin". This user is part of the Windows users.  I was able to create a new user "Admin2" which Windows was perfectly happy with and I could FTP to the panel with no problems.  I deleted "Admin" fom the windows users, restarted the TPC and then added "Admin" again. I was able to FTP as "Admin" with no problems. This sounds like a WES7 issue.

With all of the panels upgrading to WES7 and way from the embedded stuff on the real old 2012 panels, we will soon be able to switch and just use shared windows folders and eliminate the need to FTP. But this gets me by for the short term.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,814 Views)