LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC-2206 portrait mode

I have a TPC-2206 with Win7E, and I want to switch it to portrait mode.  I download a front panel that I had set up to look like portrait mode, but it didn't work.  I looked through the touch panel's control panel settings and couldn't find a solution.  I also looked for a way to set the mode in LabVIEW and didn't find a setting there either.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,345 Views)

Hi,

I dunno about TPC, but on traditionnal desktop you can do this through your graphical card options.

On some cards, if the hot keys are enable, doing CTR+ALT+Up/down arrow will rotate your screen dispay.

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,342 Views)

I Googles "window 7 screen orientation" (and about a thousand other items).  One hit said that there should be a selection under ControlPanel/display/resolution for orientations.  They had pictures so I know i was in the right spot, but Win7 Embedded did not have that option. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,333 Views)

I suspected it was a driver problem since the TPC-2206 only came with a generic windows driver.  When I tried to open the Control Panel>Adjust Screen Resolution>Advanced Settings>Adapter tab I got an error message that said “Error Detected: Aborting.  Please verify if EMGD is active.”  After confirming the error I could open the tab but it was unpopulated.  When I first got the error message I Googled for EMGD but didn’t get any helpful information.  This time I Googled the whole error message and found this link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/intel-embedded-media-and-graphics-driver/...

I downloaded the driver for the Intel Atom Processor Z5XX Series and installed it on the TPC-2206.  From the windows Start mentu, go to Control Panel>Adjust Screen Resolution>Advanced Settings>Adapter tab.  Then click on the Adapter Type Properties button and a properties screen pops up.  Click on the Driver tab and the Update Driver button.  Click on Browse My Computer for driver and navigate the C: drive to find the new Intel Driver folder.  Once Ifound the folder, I clicked on Let Me Pick from a list and selected the driver.  The system will want to reboot.

Now I went back to the Control Panel>Adjust Screen Resolution>Advanced Settings screen and clicked on the Display Config tab and all of the options fields were populated.  Towards the bottom is a Rotate option.  Click on the down arrow and rotate the screen 90 degrees (or 180, 270).

Message 4 of 5
(5,262 Views)

Thank you Rick.

Your instructions were perfect.

Succesfully managed to get portrait mode in my TPC 2206.

Jag

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,899 Views)