From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP number not repeated in the database. one entry

Dear everyone

i need help concerning my labview. my only problem is that i want the entry of the

student to be tabulated together instead of new entry each time

can some1 help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,543 Views)

adding an entry in the array?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,516 Views)

This is the one i was saying sir. Like once i do the scanning from labview. it should store in the excel.but i want like

For example:

TP number is a different or all student and is the data that is decoded from the barcode.

Hence is the student o TP***** Come and his equipment is scnned.

when he comes again, the equipment he took should be under his name. but i am not able to do that

each time i am scanning

a new entry is obained.

how to do that

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,499 Views)

I suspect that I know the problem, but without seeing your VI, it is hard to be sure.

1. This is not what would typically be called a database. It is simply a tab-delimited text file with .xls extension with lines separated by carriage return, line feed. It is not an Excel file either, but because of the extension the OS will ask Excel to open it.

2. The upper part has six fields. In the middle is a section with only 3 fields. Some entries may be missing one or more fields.

3. It looks as though the headers are repeated after 5, 6, 7, or 8 rows. This probably is a symptom of something about the way the program works or the way you run it.

Please post the VI.

Tell us how the Equipment/Specification/Location data is supposed to relate to the Borrowing data.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,487 Views)

Dear Sir

Yeah exactly. The scanning of QR code and Barcode is done using the image processing in labview. the aim of this GUI is to monitor the

lab equipment in the laboratory. However the QR code is print and paste on the lab equipment. in turn the barcode is found on the identity

card of the student. (TP******)

My problem was like in my GUI

i wanted when i press one TP*****

I Shall get all the history of the student

but according to my VI

each entry is coming new one. and in this case when i press TP*** in the search student , i am getting the latest one

I hope i am clear sir. i will be grateful to hear from you soon

thank u

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,481 Views)

Please keep all the discussion of this topic in one thread. That way everyone participating knows what others have contributed.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,471 Views)

Okay sir,

i post in different location because this is one problem and that is another problem sir.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,458 Views)