From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TI Bluetooth CC2540 USB Dongle

Hi,

Do anybody has any experience with using Labview to communicate with TI Bluetooth CC2540 USB Dongle ?

Thanks,

Beng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,031 Views)

Hi Beng,

Take a look at some of the Bluetooth examples in LabVIEW.  Help>Find Examples>Networking>Bluetooth.  This should give you a good starting point.

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,010 Views)

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to do the same thing…do you have any helpful news?

Thanks

Eugenio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,747 Views)

Hi eug, 

The examples Dave C. referred to should be a good starting point. The article below also discusses developing Bluetooth applications using LabVIEW:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3260/en/

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,719 Views)

Hello, 

I am trying to do the same, but the issue with that example that it does not recognize the dongle. the "bluestart.vi" does not see the dongle because (according to some preliminary research) the drivers of this dongle are from TI and not from microsoft directly. I do not know how to overcome this issue and  i think that what the others trying to figure out. How to make the bluetooth vi actually communicate with the cc2540 dongle

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,525 Views)

Hello Slvador, 

I agree that the previous two resources are good places to start.  If you think you might be experiencing a problem with the TI driver, you might try first testing whether the device can be recognized by other bluetooth-compatible devices.  If it turns out the driver is the problem, since it is created by TI, you might also try looking on the TI forums to see if a work-around is already available.  

Best wishes!

Amanda B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,481 Views)