LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELNET Server-Client Error

I have created a server-client application wherein my client sends a text file to the server. Both the server & client applications are configured using the TELNET VI's. When the Server end is connected to the internet through a dial-up connection & client is connected through either dial-up or through any broad-band service(static IP) data exchange takes place.
But if I connect the Server end to the internet through any broad-band connection it shows error 56. Have set time-out as -1, so i think time-out should'nt be a problem.
Is it that listeners created in the Server application are built only to receive data from a dial-up connection & not through any broad-band connection.

Jalpa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,309 Views)

Is there a reason you are using Telnet. There are example that ship with LV that show communications using a TCP connection. When communicating between two instances of LV you might also want to consider VI Server and a communications mechanism.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,279 Views)

Thanx Mike for replying.

I got the issue solved. A few network settings had to be done in the router section to allow read/write action on port 23.

Jalpa

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,258 Views)