From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TECAN XLP cavro pump

Is anyone using Labview to communicate with a TECAN XLP 6000 cavro pumps?  Having an issue with receiving error codes back from the cavro pump.  Sending string commands is no problem and I can send query and receive return string commands from other serial devices.  I  just can't get the TECAN cavro pump to return meaningful error codes.  Tried getting help directly from TECAN but was told they can't help with Labview.  I'm hoping someone currently using a TECAN cavro pump and can point me in the right direction.  

Danny

Danny
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,865 Views)

@dannyjhu wrote:

Is anyone using Labview to communicate with a TECAN XLP 6000 cavro pumps?  Having an issue with receiving error codes back from the cavro pump.  Sending string commands is no problem and I can send query and receive return string commands from other serial devices.  I  just can't get the TECAN cavro pump to return meaningful error codes.  Tried getting help directly from TECAN but was told they can't help with Labview.  I'm hoping someone currently using a TECAN cavro pump and can point me in the right direction.  

Danny

It doesn't matter if you are using LabVIEW or some other program.

Are they willing to provide information about their instrument's serial port protocol?

That is what you need to demand from them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,852 Views)

I wrote a complete driver for the Tecan Cavro RSP 9000 just a couple years ago.  You mention that you can send string commands, but the protocol is binary just like modbus.  Each message needs a header, address, status, message, data, footer and checksum.  Each piece of the message would be coded to the binary data, concatenated and transmitted.  Responses need to be decoded in a similar fashion.

Be aware that the status contains a sequence number which indicates that the message has been retransmitted.  If a response is not recieved in the specified time, the message must be retranmitted.  The sequence number is part of the response, so you know which message has recieved a response.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,806 Views)

Dear Danny

There is now a third party driver for the XLP 6000, http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=439B6E07B93209CAE05400144FFAB0...

Rolf

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,226 Views)

Sorry the link posted is not correct, here is the right one

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=28546

kind regards

Rolf

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,212 Views)