From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS file from a LabVIEW executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey, I am writing a program that measures a bunch of stuff and saves it to a TDMS file (as this is by far the easiest and fastest method, I've found). I was wondering, once my program gets turned into an executable, are the TDMS files still viewable in Excel/OpenOffice, or does viewing them require NI Diadem. The computers the executables will run on will not necessarily have LabVIEW installed. 
I would've tried it out myself, but unfortuanately I am not worthy of a developers license...
Thanks in advance
Doug

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bockdoug

"are the TDMS files still viewable in Excel/OpenOffice?"

Yes! the file format of a *.TDMS file does not change between the development enviorment and a built application.

That being said, the TDMS import addon for Excel installs with the LabVIEW Development system automatically and may not be already on the target where you deploy your executable.  Fear not though! the TDMS addon for Excel is FREE and available for download from here

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 2
(2,548 Views)