LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS excel custom properties dont display

I am using the NI excel TDMS plugin to read some files I am creating from labview. I've made custom group properties but they dont display anywhere in the file. It seems that the problem is with the excel importer but I dont know how to fix it. This is using ver 3.3.0.0 of the plugin on Excel 2007.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(2,768 Views)

Please post the TDM file structure, you have made and also any error , if you are getting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,767 Views)

VI is attached. No errors, it creates the file fine, but the custom properties are no where to be found.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,765 Views)

hi glib,

I tried to download and open your attached VI, but it failed to open the VI, the error message is "LabVIEW: End of file encountered." Could you please confirm whether the VI file is correct?

And could you please tell me what properties you didn't see in Excel? All the properties or some specific properties, like named begin with "NI_"? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,759 Views)

Please also make sure the option to load custom properties is checked in the Configuration dialog of Excel Add-in.

Hope this helps,

Mavis

Config.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,758 Views)

Mavis: Yes that box is checked, however nothing new appears under the "Available Properties" column as shown.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,746 Views)

Im not sure why it didnt open, I downloaded it from that link and tried it and it worked. I'll post a screen shot of the relevant section.

The properties that dont appear are three "Free Text" terminals added to the "Write Data [ Channel Group]" block. They dont appear on any of the tabs of the excel TDMS spreadsheet, nor do they appear in the configuration menu. Perhaps I am writing to the file incorrectly?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,745 Views)

Hi,

Have you considered using the lower level TDMS calls to create these data files?  They will allow for much easier control to the file format.  You can find several examples of these in the LabVIEW example finder.

Regards,

Greg H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,725 Views)

Hi,

Is this possible for you to post an example file here for us to investigate more?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,715 Views)

"Free Text" properties are acturally "RegisterTxt" you found in the config dialog. Please add them to the right side "Selected properties".

Custom properties will not appear under "Available properties", if that box is checked, they will be read directly to worksheet.

Hope this helps,

Mavis

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,710 Views)