cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP multiple client error

Solved!
Go to solution

HI everyone,

I have TCP/IP server running on labview and trying to connect simultaneously with two client in two different computers using the software called Hercules. Whether it is Read or Write, labview interacting with only one client, which is connecting first. The other client software showing it was connected, but there is no shades of data in it.

This is how labview react with client or not sure whether am making some mistake. Awaiting for the response.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,764 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vij@y

Have you looked at the 'TCP Multiple Connections' example in the Help -> Find Examples... ?

Essentially you need to keep listening for connections and when you get one, store the connection ID for each new connection and then do your read/write on each connection ID. You could store the connections in an array and do the read/write for each one sequentially but what I tend to do (which is a more advanced architecture) is launch an asynchronous 'connection handler' VI which runs while the connection is active and finishes when the connection is closed or my application shuts down.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,753 Views)

Hi sam,

Thanks for your reply and it helped me a lot. Now I can able to handle more than one clients. 

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,720 Views)