LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP error 66

Hi
I use LV 7, version 7.0 on a Windows XP machine. I am using TCP/IP vi's to read data over the LAN. I am able to receive the data over the LAN, but I keep getting error 66 in the TCP Read.vi

My VI stops after running for 8-9 hours. HOw can I avoid that error 66? Also, I am not saving any of the data that I am receiving. I am not using array or build string functions. I just read 1029 bytes of data continuously. What am I doing wrong? How can I get rid of error 66? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(21,344 Views)
Error = 66 is

LabVIEW: The network connection was closed by the peer.

This indicates the peer (i.e. the other node) closed the conncetion.

This leads me to believe the the "issue" is not on your XP machine,
but the other node.

I have seen this error when doing TCP/IP based interactions with a
LV-RT system. In my case there was an issue with memory resources. In
that case that was the last message I recieved before the RT app
crashed.

That being said I will try to address your Q's.

HOw can I avoid that error 66?
This can not be answered without knowing more about "the other node.

What am I doing wrong?
Turn your attention to the "other machine".

How can I get rid of error 66?
Please provide more detail about what is going on with the other
machine. Posti
ng code usually helps us help you.

Trying to help,

Ben
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(21,342 Views)
Hi, Thanks for your prompt response. The other node is also a PC
(that acts as a data collection unit)which is connected to a bunch of
sensors. The sensors feed in data to the other node (PC) and I am
collecting the data, analyzing it and finally displaying it with alarm
conditions. The other node (PC) does not use LV. The other node uses
Windows 2000 and is programmed in Visual C++. So to summarize, the
other node is just a simple data collection device which has its own
IP address and I am using LV's TCP/IP functions to read from the other
node.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(21,342 Views)
It seems you do not want to suspect the other node!

I will monitor this Q to see if others post.

Please keep us updated on what you find.

Trying to help,

Ben
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(21,342 Views)
Hey Kmoorthy,

I actually have a question you may be able to answer, since you asked the exact same question 2 years ago.

I've got 16 thermocouples multiplexed into one channel on my input card, and I have scanned channel producing a 1-D array. I now need to get that information to a bunch of indicators and I can't do it. At best, all the information goes to the first indicator and none to the rest, even when I use the "index array" VI.

How do I output to my indicators?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(21,342 Views)
Hi Jeff,

Please see attached VI. I hope this is what you are looking for. Feel free to email me if you have questions. Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(21,343 Views)
Thanks, I appreciate the VI but I have a couple of wuestions.

I'm not exactly sure where I'm supposed to input my temperature readings, or how they are supposed to appear on the guages.

Why can't an index array be used like in the JPEG I sent?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(21,343 Views)
Hi Ben,

Since I run into the same Error 66 I decided to ask you to help me.
I will briefly describe my system.
I am communicating with compact Field Point, controller cFP-2020, from PC via 3COM network card through crossover cable.

The actual system I am trying to controll with FP consists of the chamber filled with air, two types of pumps pumping the air out of the chamber and a shut-off valve.

I have 4 I/O boards installed in FP for now such as DI-301 (reading signals from instrument device such as 3 set points), DI 330 (reading status signals of the turbo pump (STARTING/NORMAL operation)), DO-403 (to open/close valve), RLY 421 (to start/stop the turbo pump).

I believe that the cause of the error 66 is coming from the cF
P target because of the improper code that was downloaded to it (Normal Priority Loop VI-NPL_Chamber2.vi). When I select Operate>Download Application the download process pauses two times during download and then continues.

I wanted you to take a look at NPL and TCL VIs and maybe discover some problems in it because I was not able to do so until now.

I will attach zipped file containing NPL_Chamber2 (containing TCL_Chamber2 subVI) and Host VI along with all needed subVIs.
Also I will attach the VI from which RT Communication Wizard created three above VIs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,.

Thanks,
Pedja

p.s. I think you will have to extract all files and when you try to open NPl VI you have to find each subVI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(21,342 Views)

Hello,

I came across the form and thought of sending you a reply since I have a similar issue as you had (5 years back Smiley Tongue   ).

I have a Server on which I am running a Java Program which is sending a simple string to the Client machine which has LV running in it. I am trying to establish a simple TCP/IP connection with local host itself. The Server(Java) program is sending a string(example: Hello123456), I am receiving only a part of the string(ello123456) on the Client(LV) program. I am also receiving an error, "Error 66 occurred at TCP Read".

I am sure that the peer side of the code(Java) does not close the connection, because I have kept enough time sleep time before it attempts to close the connection. I have also changed the options at Tools-> Options->VI Server with Port = 0 and enabled the TCP/IP connection.

I have attached a screen shot of error received (using Probe) and the Vi.

Regards,

H

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(20,245 Views)
A separate thread created. Please wait patiently and somebody will help you in solving your problem.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(20,242 Views)