From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP Write Problem Sending "FF"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello people! I'm having a weird problem with TCP Write on sending "FF" (hex). I will explain some tests I have already done and I hope you guys can help me somehow.

My whole system is something like this:

[PC 1] --- [MUX/DMX nº1] --- [RF Transmission] --- [MUX/DMX nº2] --- [Serial/Ethernet Converter] --- [Switch] --- [PC 2]

My objective is to send a message from [PC 2] to [PC 1]. In [PC 2] I use TCP Write and in [PC 1] I use Visa Read.

When I send anything that doesn't contain "FF" from [PC 2], the [PC 1] receives everything correctly. For example, if I send "12345678" from [PC 2], the [PC 1] will receive "12345678".

However, when I send a single "FF", the [PC 1] stops receiving from [PC 2]. Being more accurate, it's [PC 2] that stops to send data. If I send "1234FF5678" from [PC 2], the [PC 1] only receives "1234". Then the [PC 2] stops sending any kind of data and it will only send again if I restart the software. [PC 1] continues to receive data from [PC 2] after this restart. If I send "FF" again, [PC 2] stops once more to send data.

I also tried the other way. [PC 1] used Visa Write and [PC 2] used TCP Read. It worked correctly even sending "FF". I started to think that the problem was in TCP Write.

Then I tried the following scheme: [PC 1] --- [Switch] --- [PC 2]

[PC 1] used TCP Read and [PC 2] used TCP Write. I used LabVIEW's example of TPC Active and Passive and it worked correctly to send "FF". I got more confused.

Then I tried: [PC 1] --- [Serial/Ethernet Converter] --- [Switch] --- [PC 2]

It occurred the same problem as before. [PC 2] sent correctly to [PC 1] every data that didn't contain "FF". When I sent "1234FF5678", [PC 1] only received "1234" and [PC 2] stopped to send data.

Well... now I'm out of ideas of tests. I think the problem is with TCP Write or with my serial/ethernet converter. Do you guys have any sugestion or solution?

Thank you very much. Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,476 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WKAriyoshi

Yahoou! Finally found the problem. The problem was inside serial/ethernet converter. It had an option "Use NVT (RFC2217)". I searched over the internet and found that "FF" for this kind of protocol has a meaning and probably it was affecting my message.

I disabled it and then I was able to send "FF" (hex) without any trouble!

Thanks for your attention. Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,464 Views)