LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP - LabVIEW (Client) to Arduino (Server)

Solved!
Go to solution

I appreciate the input.  In my arduino code, it closes the connection.  But I guess I never thought of what repercussions there might be w/ the close outside of my loop in the LabVIEW portion.  Is there really a significant problem?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,049 Views)

Yes, there could be a problem. If your LabVIEW code is on Windows, try running "netstat -p tcp" after your VI has been running for a while. You may see a large number of connections to the Arduino in a CLOSE_WAIT state, meaning the connection is closed on only one end but not the other. If you have enough of them, it's possible to run out of network sockets. Closing the connection correctly on both ends cleans up the associated resources, making them available again. LabVIEW will close any open connections when a VI stops running, and the operating system may close them after a long timeout period, but it's best to do it yourself when you know you're done with the connection.

Message 12 of 16
(2,045 Views)

TO message 9 of 12:

Sorry!I would like to know in the middle of Data   Convt is your personal information or it is in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,741 Views)

The Data Convt VI is a personal VI that was specificto my application.  It was taking the data received from the Arduino and processing it.

Also, 2 years later, I would not program this VI this way.  There are some practices not necessarily recommended taking place.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,717 Views)

Are you using the Arduino Ethernet Shield?

I am using the ENC28J60. Is there something different on Arduino code? 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,420 Views)

hello, currently i'm trying to make such a project, to send some sensor data from arduino to labview, do you think you can help me with some questions if you are still here?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(500 Views)