LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP xml command

Hello.

I'm trying to connect measurement device vis TCP/IP communication. Since the manufacturer doesn't provide command set package, I could capture the packet while bundle software was running with the device. The stream seems to use xml codes. Red code is that PC sends message, and Blue code response with values. I created VI's accoding to simple example, but the communication failed.

Anyone can help/guide me resolve this communication?

Thank you in advance.

Gino

18819iBEF92A2DC9381D24

18821i5BFA3EF582D15DDA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,258 Views)

Please be a bit more specific when you say "the communication failed". How it fails may help point to how to make it work.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,230 Views)

The Error message says "Error 56 occurred at TCP Read."

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,210 Views)

Error 56 is a simple timeout error, and in and of itself may be harmless. Are any bytes received in your "read buffer" string indicator?

Here's a helpful tip when you're troubleshooting errors: on the menu bar, choose "Help >> Explain Error..." and type in 56 to the dialogue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,200 Views)

Error 56 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The network operation exceeded the user-specified or system time limit.

The string input was considered to be correct according to the TCP stream indicated in picture above. But, it may be additional work to do communicate.

Anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,183 Views)

Try appending a CR or LF (or both) at the end of the string.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,176 Views)

It doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,162 Views)